Happy St. Patricks Day! A day I personally do not celebrate, but always seem to end up in a pub (that’s normal, right?). This year though I opted for a less alcoholic way to celebrate by creating some St. Paddy’s Day chocolate cupcakes!
Everyone knows the tale that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, has anyone managed to ever find one? Well now you can! These cupcakes are all about the decoration and are so cheap and easy to make!
You want to start with a chocolate cupcake batch. I would recommend Sally’s Baking Addiction recipe which can be found here. However, use any chocolate cupcake recipe you like as you will be the ones eating them after all! (Box cake works well too)
While your cupcakes are baking, prepare all your toppings! I used rainbow fizzy laces cut in half, then rolos topped with some icing and dipped in sprinkles to make the pots of gold (although I had no gold sprinkles… so it was more pots of rainbows for me)! I also used mini marshmallows to represent the clouds!
You will also need some icing, I went with cream cheese as it’s just my preference but again feel free to use a vanila buttercream (could even dye it green) if you like! If you want a good cream cheese one, check out this one. By you guessed it, Sally’s Baking Addiction (can you tell I’m obsessed yet?!)
These are the perfect special treat to celebrate this St. Patricks Day! They are super simple and leave the gate open for loads of creativity, so get baking!
- 1 batch of Chocolate cupcakes (12-14 cupcakes)
- 1 batch of Cream cheese frosting (or any icing you like)
- 10 Fizzy rainbow laces cut in half
- 2 packets of rolos
- Gold sprinkles
- Around 40 Mini Marshmallows
- These cupcakes are all about the decoration! Some other decoration ideas include a green velvet cupcake by adding green food colouring to the mixture. Also could add blue food colouring to the icing to make it look like the sky.
- Vanilla cupcakes also go well with this recipe as well as chocolate icing.